Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Welcome, Jamal Lewis

It was mentioned here earlier tonight that the Browns were looking at Jamal Lewis and now the team has signed him. I'm a little torn here, as he's blown up consistently against us in the past, even when he was struggling against everyone else. We're not going to reap the benefits of him rushing twice a year against an overwhelmed defense. I can't promise that I won't boo him out of revenge at least once, booing is still legal in Ohio, right? Also, as ESPN.com put it, "Lewis, the franchise's all-time leading rusher, broke away from the Ravens and agreed to a deal with the rival Cleveland Browns on Wednesday." It's difficult to say the beginning of that statement's wrong, but it sure ain't right.

Like erm, I also like Adrian Peterson, but have no man crush on him; I'd let him marry my sister, but that's about as far as it goes. I'd love to see the Browns take him #3. Get all the injury prone, but great when healthy running backs together and someones gotta be healthy, I love this theory. I tried it with my fantasy QBs this past year (Pennington, Brees & Roethlisberger) and it worked perfectly. Of course this'll work behind an unproven line. Now if only we had a quarterback.

Good to see that the team has finally given up on giving us the "character guys" crap to justify uninspiring signings and is becoming a bit more agressive with its acquisitions.

No comments: