Saturday, March 31, 2007

He's like Yinka Dare without the court vision

That's Greg Oden? No, not the headline, that referred to Desagana Diop (I forget who said it), but wow, Oden? This is the first time I've seen him in action all year; hell, the only highlight of his that I've seen was his pancake block that didn't get him tossed earlier in the tourney. Who in his right mind takes this guy first overall?

There is no way I take this guy #1, probably not even top 3! First person that says his wrist is still bothering him so he isn't 100% will never again be allowed to take part in any future debates relating to sports. Is Oden the only guy who is banged up? Have the rest of these guys not played 30+ games? Hell, he didn't even play the whole year! It's been said by everyone else that he lacks intensity, but humor me as I'm in shock that people forecast big things from this guy.

Give me one reason he should go first. Uh, he's black? Piss off, Simmons! Stop with the Ewing/Tim Duncan comparisons, he looks more like LeBron's father with narcolepsy. Unbelieveable, this guy is gonna save somebody's franchise? Baloney. He couldn't save 50 cents with a coupon.

Did the Buckeyes play better with Oden on the floor or the bench? Exactly. You can thank Dan Dakich anytime now for Ron Lewis...

No comments: