Saturday, March 24, 2007

New stuff

Ryan=MVP

He's basically carried this blog through the month of March.

Check out my other blog at www.blogginwithbull.blogspot.com.

I have begun my Prospect Pulse. I'm reviewing all of the finest prospects I've seen so far in my few years in the minor leagues. I'll try to put at least one prospect on there every day.

I have a few other random notes of interest.

The NFL Draft is rapidly approaching and a few things stand out.

First off, its all well and good that Calvin Johnson has great 40 times with someone else's shoes, a 40 in verticle, and good size at 6'3 or 6'4, 230+lbs. However, I"m not getting too excited about a receiver until I see him play an NFL game.

Think about all the first round flops at that position over the last few years. Johnson looks good now, but he didnt exactly set the world on fire at Georgia Tech. Granted, his quarterback was awful, but still, if he plays in a system that sucks in the NFL (ex: Oakland), it wont matter how great he is.

The Browns are thinking about both JaMarcus Russell and Brady Quinn with that third pick. First of all, Charlie Frye has never really had a chance. He ran for his life in that backfield last year and never had any time to throw. Personally, I dont think he's the answer, but he needs a realistic chance to prove me and everyone else wrong. He didnt have that chance last year in that sorry excuse for an offense.

Next up, if they are at that spot and both quarterbacks are available along with Joe Thomas, and they dont pick Joe Thomas, then this current Browns regime is just as stupid as the first two that came before it. You dont pass up a guy like Joe Thomas who can help IMMEDIATELY with Steinbach and the others.

Not to mention, picking Brady Quinn would be the dumbest thing that franchise could possibly do at this point. You thought he choked under pressure in big games, versus good defenses at Notre Dame?? Just wait til he plays in Cleveland with no offensive line and defenders in his face NON-STOP. He'll have more picks than completions.

I think he's garbage regardless, but if he goes to Cleveland he'll be a bigger flop than Tim Couch.

As for my favorite team, I'm VERY optimistic. They'll get Randy Moss eventually, and they'll draft either Marshawn Lynch in round one, or Kenny Irons in round two. That offense is going to be fun to watch next year. I think they will win the NFC North.

No comments: