Monday, September 10, 2007

It's a new era in Cleveland Browns football!

Holy crap. That was a joke, right? Seriously, that performance wasn't scripted, the team is really that bad? Well shit, at least we've got a chance at the top pick next year. What?!?! Aw, shit!

Seriously, what can I say after yesterday's game? Hell, I didn't even head down to the Browns Backers bar when I saw the score at 17-0 at 1:30. The only positive to come out of it was that Brady Quinn didn't play. Imagine the kid who always buckles under the weight of expectations coming in during a blowout against his team's fiercest rival only to get absolutely destroyed. Think his confidence would still be sky high? Not a chance, that kid would go crying on the shoulder of Tim Couch.

I'll never back down from my argument that the Browns should have taken Roethlisberger over Kellen Winslow. Had they done so, they'd have solved the QB problem, thus leaving them to address other issues, grabbing, gee, I don't know, Vernand Morency, Marion Barber or Brandon Jacobs, all who went in the same round, after Frye (as did Kevin Everett - I happened to be watching that game as the hit happened, was one of those moments where you immediately knew the guy was in trouble).

I really don't have enough to say about yesterday's game, except to express my dismay at how this team prepares for an Opening Day, home game, against Pittsburgh. That's how well they want to perform against that damned team? Where's Cowher?

No comments: