Saturday, May 26, 2007

The Halladays coming early

Look at that there, I took Roy Halladay's last name and turned it into a pun - a shitty one at that. I know most people reading this couldn't care less about one of the greatest pitchers of our generation, but Roy Halladay is something special. More than just being a stud on the mound, he's on my fantasy team, totally validating his worth.

Now, I don't want to be completely selfish in my motivation for posting this, but following Halladay's emergency appendectomy three weeks ago, I find this quote from his manager, John Gibbons, a bit worrisome: ""He's one of the best pitchers in the game. We want to run him out there."

The Blue Jays are lucky that their star pitcher recognized the seriousness of his situation, thus saving himself from an even worse fate and here's his manager making it clear that this guy's health and future matters not when compared to keeping his job. Gibbons, you'd better hope that he's ok, because if he isn't and you rush him out there, well, I don't think I have to tell you what happens next. Don't mess with Roy Halladay.

No comments: